Saturday, January 21, 2006

A little more information is needed.....

A guy comes into my pharmacy to pick up an prescription. So I ask him what the name of the patient is - a logical question, right? His reply (and I'll change the name to protect the stupid), "Tom". So naturally I asked for a last name. The guy didn't have a clue what the last name would be. He just knew his friend Tom wanted him to pick up a prescription that had been called in that morning. He seemed quite puzzled that I would need more information than that. Let's see, over 200 prescriptions filled per day, all filed in the pickup bins by last name, with a few hundred more from the last few days that haven't been picked up, and probably at least 50 in there for someone with some variation of the name "Tom" - no...... why would I need a last name? I'll just dig around for awhile and pull out some random "Tom" to hand out. It's not like the wrong medication ever killed anybody before...... What the f*ck is wrong with you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home