Monday, October 16, 2006

Random questions from the pharmacy

Customer #1: My bottle says to take 1 tablet daily. Does that mean one tablet every 24 hours or one every 12 hours?
- Well, on THIS planet a day is 24 hours. Things on your planet may be different......

Customer #2: I was on 10 milligrams of this medicine and now the doctor put me on 20 milligrams. Is that stronger?
- Yes. 20 milligrams is twice as much medicine as 10 milligrams. (Sadly it took 10 minutes of conversation where I stated that and restated that many times before the customer finally left. And he still seemed confused.)

Customer #3: I've been sick since Friday [and it's now Monday.] Do you think it's a 24 hour bug?
- Yes. You just were unlucky enough to catch it 4 times in a row!

No wonder I find more grey hairs every day.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home