Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A new sort of diet?

Since it was only about 8 million degrees out today, I decided to stop at the ice cream store and treat myself to a nice cold Italian ice. The place was packed (as expected) so I got to watch as other people got their orders ahead of me. One person in particular stood out. She ordered a cup of the lowfat vanilla ice cream, which didn't strike me as at all odd - until she had the counter person dump a ton of whipped cream on it. (And when I say a ton - I mean that there was at least as much whipped creap as there was ice cream.)

Now don't get me wrong - I've seen people go to McDonald's (or the like) and get a mega-calorie burger and a diet soda. That might make sense if the person was diabetic or something and was worried specifically about sugar rather than about calories in general. But the ice cream thing threw me. I mean, I can see watching your fat intake but still wanting a nice cold treat on day like today. But if you are watching your fat intake enough to want low fat ice cream (YUK), then WHY WHY WHY would you dump a ton of whipped cream on it which probably has more fat by itself then the regular ice cream would have had on its own? What are you thinking???

2 Comments:

Blogger OrdinaryDiva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 PM  
Blogger OrdinaryDiva said...

Let's try this again without typos:

That was quick - I barely had it posted before you found it.

She'll find out that the whipped cream counts next time she weighs herself.

I just look at all that whipped cream and wonder how she can find the ice cream underneath it all. LOL

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home