Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I have to pay to do it myself?

I've never been a fan of self-serve gas stations mainly because I hate the smell of gasoline, so I really don't want to have to touch the nozzle. I'd rather pay the extra money to have someone pump it for me. But recently I've discovered that I don't have to pay extra for service. A couple of miles from my house there is a main street with 2 gas stations side by side. Both are name-brand companies and they are literally side by side. One is full-service and one is self-service only. And strangely enough, the full-service one is cheaper than the self-service one. So people using the self-service one are actually paying more money for the priviledges of doing the work themself and of having their hands reek of gasoline. I'm not sure which confuses me more - the fact that the owners of the station decided to have higher prices, or the fact that people use that station fairly often. What the f*ck is wrong with them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home